a day in the life of ...

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Return of the DAT

the day before my stars show back in november, my baby died. the sony m1 wouldn't load new tapes. so i had to get it fixed. now dat players are a dying, well dead, breed of recorders. finding someone reliable who will fix one is pretty tough. actually theres really only one place in NA who everyone (probably) turns to. and that company is Pro Digital in NJ. I was expecting them to quote something like $100 max. to my chagrin it was much more. the part that needed to be replaced was only like $5 or something. but the labour would cost like 2 hours. overall w/ customs charges, it cost me $300. eepp.

on the plus side, they cleaned everything, tightened all the joints and stuff and basically made it like new again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home