a day in the life of ...

Friday, May 25, 2007

05.24.2007 Arcade Fire/St. Vincent [BT]

The last time the Arcade Fire came to town, I didn't think they were worth seeing because I didn't think their art-school-hipster antics would translate well in the worst sounding venue in Vancouver. At that point was happy enough to thumb my nose at that idea and reassure myself that at least i saw Zeppelin the arcade fire in a small club (indie street cred for the future :p). But AF outdoors on a warm summer evening was a no brainer.

St. Vincent aka Annie Clark and her band opened the show. Half their set was her solo, singing and playing a guitar and a kick-drum. Some songs were ok, others didn't really do anything for me.

It took me about a minute before I was made aware that the Arcade Fire have upped their live show game quite a bit since 2004. I guess when you have more room, you could go ... uh crazier. I don't have to fluff their live show anymore cuz most of you people know what they're all about already. Anti-Christ Blues sounds better on album. It's kind of disappointing Regine doesn't do the solo thing at the end. Well she does, one voice, but the harder vocal part is solo'd on the guitar instead. They had the motorcycle helmet on stage but didn't use it. Ironically, whenver they used the megaphone, it was barely audible. On Neon Bible the weakest song, imo was the first song they played after the encore break, My Body Is A Cage. This song would have put me to sleep if it weren't for this card board man without a face that the roadies put onstage. They super-imposed win's face and played the song. Sorta interesting I guess. Overall it was a solid 90 min.

$45/50


also:

The Arcade Fire
05.24.2007
Deer Lake Park
Burnaby, BC

source: DPA 4061>DIYBB>IHP-140
lineage: WAV-M>FLAC

01.) Black Mirror
02.) Keep The Car Running
03.) No Cars Go
04.) Haiti
05.) Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)
06.) Black Wave / Bad Vibrations
07.) In The Backseat
08.) Intervention
09.) (Antichrist Television Blues)
10.) Ocean Of Noise
11.) Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)
12.) The Well And The Lighthouse
13.) Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
14.) Rebellion (Lies)
===
15.) My Body Is A Cage
16.) Wake Up

comments: i should probably mention that $1.00 of every ticket went to a charity organization
called Partners in Health which partners "with poor communities to combat disease and
poverty." more info at www.pih.org

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38859

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home