a day in the life of ...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Interview: Dan Mangan

Photobucket


This interview is part of a series of interviews conducted via email with a bunch of Vancouver/Victoria bands who will be heading out to Toronto in mid June for the NXNE Festival (North By North East Festival). They were selected to play at NXNE by applying via their Sonicbids account. I wish I could ask him what kind of chips he buys.



Please identify yourself(ves) for those reading, what you do in the band, and who else plays in the band

Dan Mangan. I play the fool. Then there are some hired guns - they are nice enough.


Tell us a little bit about the history of your band.

It's me and some people I pay to be my friends. When I buy bags of potato chips, I share them with the band - but some of them don't share chips when they buy them. Isn't that crazy?


How would you describe your sound?

I would describe it with adjectives.


You'll be traveling to Toronto to play at NXNE in the middle of June. What makes this festival worth crossing the country for or is it just another show?

I like NXNE because there are lots of great bands to go see. I like playing at NXNE because it makes me feel like I'm as cool as the other bands.


What's your favourite song from the 80's?

Footloose.


What's the coolest thing you've ever bought?

A picture of Corey Hart.


For the people who've downloaded your album, tell us why they should check out your live show.

If they don't I'll waterboard the picture of Corey Hart. Don't worry, it's not torture. It's information seeking in a loving manner.


Thanks for doing the interview; you have the last word, say what you want to say.

Be cool, stay in school.



http://www.danmanganmusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/danmangan

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home