a day in the life of ...

Monday, February 22, 2010

02.19.2010 Sam Roberts Band / Dan Mangan / The Arkells

Ah Surrey, haven't seen a show in Surrey in a couple of years. Apparently all the stereotypes are true. Lineup getting in at around 7pm wasn't that bad. Just about 10 min.


Photobucket


I thought The Arkells were pretty good tonight. I'm not going out of my way to see them, their shows just happen to be very convenient. As much as I imply otherwise, I still think, they put on a good show. With a shortened set, they played most of their faster tempo 'rocker' songs. Crowd was into it, no surprise there. They ended their set with that "I'm John Lennon in '67' song.

I really liked Dan Mangan's set. He was very humble in his demeanour and the crowd was very receptive to his folky singer songwriter type songs. He ended his set with "Robots" which had everyone singing along.

Oh look it's a Sam Roberts show where I didn't bail before he got on. Live he's as good as everyone says he is. He played all his radio hits, keeping the Surrey crowd happy and even found time to round out his set with a mind boggling really long jam that bordered on self indulgent. I have to give him credit for that, I wasn't expecting that from him.


Photobucket


$15/0

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home