a day in the life of ...

Friday, April 08, 2005

04.07.2005 Metric/Elizabeth @ Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC

Ah the commodore the bane of my filming existence. I get to the venue around 8ish. Tell the will call girl to check for passes. and suprise suprise none. she asks if i can back up my outlandish claim that i've been in contact with the tour manager about filming the 2 metric shows. I tell i can, but not right now as i forgot to print up the email. oops. I come back 1/2 later, with a copy of the email. i'm greeted by the same will call girl who explains there was a problem with getting the list together. she calls up the tm and we're in business. i get to sign the famous hob waiver. which doesn't really limit my use of the footage at all. all it really does is set guidelines during the show, and states that hob, you and the band are in agreeance that everything is ok. weird.

on to the show. it turns out that i'm not the only filmer there. there are about 4 other cam-ops there with 6 pro cams. panasonics. they're shooting for an epk. elizabeth started the show with a decent set. i was neither bored nor "rocked". metric was good, i have no regrets. my spot was ok. i was really hoping for a barricade at the show (towards the end of their set the drunk ditzy chicks started to boogie down in my area.) there was a lone stage diver mid way through the set. a friend told me later that it was none other than K-OS who will play the day after. and yeah, no one caught him. Love is a Place was on the setlist, but not played.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home