a day in the life of ...

Monday, June 09, 2008

Butch Walker Contest

update: 6/23/2008
Contest is closed because the concert has been postponed.

Bad news travels in twos.....

Having to postpone completing your record for personal reasons hurts about as much as having to postpone your tour... Yep, I'm gonna have to do my tour later yall... So sorry for anyone who bought plane tickets and made travel plans (I know a lot of you do this and I'm not happy either), but I have to do what's right. I promise, I will make it up to you with an amazing record and all tourdates rescheduled. Thanks for understanding, my friends...

Butch







To be honest, I've never heard of Butch Walker, before this little post, but I have heard of: Avril Lavigne, Sevendust, Gob, Pink, Pete Yorn, Fall Out Boy, Hot Hot Heat, All American Rejects and PUFFI AMI YUMI! Those are just some of the bands and artists he's worked with during his days as a record producer. Wikipedia also tells me that he's actually a really really good record producer as he won Rolling Stone's record producer of the year in 2005. hmm didn't know they had awards like that in Rolling Stone. Anyways, he's now doing the "Kanye West" transition from producer to solo artist. From what I've heard so far, he's a lot better than some of those other aforementioned artists.

He has an album coming out in September called Sycamore Meadows. Sycamore Meadows is the street he lived on when the house he was staying at burned down during the California Wildfires of 2007. He lost all his recorded masters in the fire. ouch.

Anyways, he's starting his "One Man Bad" tour in Vancouver on July 8th @ Richards on Richards. Jesse Malin opens up. I've got a pair of tickets to give away courtesy of his publicist at 'The Door'.

To enter simply shoot an email to: adayinthelifeofblog@gmail.com with 'Butch Walker' somewhere in subject field and you're name in the body. Winner will be chosen at random on Thursday, July 2, 6pm PST. Enter only once and you gotta be 19+ cuz it's at Richards. I still don't think anyone reads this blog, so if you're reading this right now, this is a really good chance for you to score free tickets.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • he used to be in marvelous3 (freak of the week, anyone?) they were a bit lame, but undeniably catchy.

    i saw him open up for (embarrassing) American Hi-Fi in LA and he was actually borderline amazing......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 4, 2008 at 1:43:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home