a day in the life of ...

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Live Nation / Ticketmaster / Local Bands

Just some random thoughts for today... Apparently Live Nation and Ticketmaster are finally splitting up. While this really doesn't concern me too much, as I don't think it will drastically reduce ticket prices, it did remind me of something. Usually when there is a pre-sale, you usually have a couple of options. The two most common ones are the Ticketmaster and the hob (now Live Nation). Previously it didn't matter too much, however when buying my Deftones tickets a couple of months ago through the HOB presale, it struck me as kind of odd that there was only 1 shipping option. Usually I would have the option of mailing/printing up my own/will call/picking up at Ticketmaster. However, this time, and I assume whenever I use HOB/Live Nation ticketing, the only option was either will call or mailing. End result, I had to wait almost a month for the tickets, whereas previously I would have just picked it up a couple of days later at Ticketmaster. Not a big deal, but a little of a hassle. The tickets are also fairly different than the customary blue/aqua that people are used to - a red and white motif.

Finally, I'm on a bit of a local bands kick as of late. I'm thinking of hitting up Fake Shark Real Zombie and Bison. Both have shows in the near future. I should be a lot more stoked about Ladyhawk, but for some reason I'm not. I know they had a lot of hype and praise from various Vancouver blogs, but for some reason they just don't do it for me. Maybe they'll grow on me if given the chance?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home